Passport applications Renewals if you live outside the Uk in Thailand.
Renew or replace your adult passport
How long it takes
Your application should take 4 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK.
You may have to attend an interview.
Applications will take longer if:
- HM Passport Office need to ask you for more information or documents
- the photographs you send are rejected
Don’t book any travel until you have a valid passport. If you need to travel more urgently, you may be able to apply for an Emergency Travel Document.
You’ll have to pay a fee for your passport and a courier fee of £23.01.
The courier fee pays for your passport to be sent securely to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied for you to collect.
|Passport type||Passport fee||Cost with courier fee|
|Adult standard 32-page passport||£83||£106.01|
|Adult jumbo 48-page passport||£91||£114.01|
Fill in a ‘Paying by credit card or debit card’ form for each passport you’re applying for and submit it with your application. Your credit or debit card will be charged in sterling.
You can use Mastercard, Visa, Electron, Diners Club and JCB.
How to apply
- Download the application form.
- Use the ‘Applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK’ guidance notes to help you fill in the application form.
- Include 2 identical new photos of you (or your child, if it’s a child passport application). Follow the rules about passport photos or your application may be delayed.
- Check the guidance notes to find out which supporting documents you must send with your application. You must get documents that aren’t in English – including documents showing an address – fully translated by a professional translator.
Making your application
You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you.
Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.
You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).
You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one – but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.
You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.
UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
Getting your passport
Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied.
They will contact you – using the details on your application form – when your passport is ready to collect.
You must collect in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf.
You must bring your existing passport as photo ID.
You must sign your new passport before you can use it.
Contact the Passport Adviceline
Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (UK time)
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm (UK time)
Applying for a passport from outside the UK: application form